A power generator is recognized as a machine which creates electrical power, and it does this by changing mechanical power into electrical energy. However, the source of mechanical energy does come from the steam engine, turbines, internal combustion engines, crank or other devices that move. Today, people are provided with various forms of sources needed for backup power, and amongst them, some are magnetic power, solar power, wind power, hydropower, diesel power, and petrol power. Generators are composed of a couple of principal components, and the motor is considered the first component. The motor proposes power for the generator through the burning of some fuel.
The generator head is considered the second component and it changes that power into electricity through electromagnetic induction. The job of the electromagnetic induction is producing an electrical voltage through a conductor in a magnetic field. Many small businesses and homes make use of the generators for powering up their home. However, it is vital to note that generators don’t produce the electricity itself. In place of that, it generates the flow of power, and it is accomplished by forcing the drive of electrons from an exterior source via an exterior electric circuit.
The kinds of power generators
You will find two main types of generators and though they perform a similar job, yet they differ based on their design, features, usage, and size. The first type of generator is known as a standby generator, and these generators are costly, powerful and bulky. The second type of generator is called a portable power generator. These generators are smaller compared to the standby generators as they are mobile. The portable power generator supplies power to places which don’t have access to electricity, like forest clearings and construction sites. Today, households are buying these types of generators for keeping the functioning of their house intact at the time of power cuts.
The best generators
- Predator 2000 – This generator is considered one of the best power generators, and it is quiet, small, and convenient but very powerful for your household needs.
- Predator 8750 – This generator provides maximum durability and reliability, and it is portable plus affordable.
- Predator 3500 – This generator too is professional and durable, and it comes equipped with excellent features.
- Predator 4000 – This generator has a user-friendly and clean design and due to this; you can use it efficiently.
- Pulsar PG2000iS – The best features of this generator are portability and clean power. It is ideal for outdoor events, such as boating, backyard parties, and camping.