If you’re planning to have a move soon, then you may be excited and worried at the same time. On the one hand, you’re moving to a new residence, and that opens up numerous possibilities. On the other hand, there are so many things to do, so many things to take care of – and it seems there’s not enough time to do it all.
Some of the greatest tasks are packing your belongings the proper way and finding a great removal firm. We all care about our personal belongings and want to make sure they are transported from one place to another without any trouble. Finding the service that fits the bill is crucial for this. Here’s how to know if you are choosing a reputable and trustworthy removals firm.
The good and the bad
The good companies and the bad companies are not always easy to distinguish right away, but here are some things to watch out for:
- Website search. Good companies will mention their registration company, their insurance details, and various contact information. Bad companies have no website at all, or if they do, it doesn’t look professional.
- That initial telephone call. Good companies are polite and straightforward. Bad companies may either be rude or overly friendly.
- The quote. Good companies, such as removals Cheltenham experts like Advanced Removals & Storage, are willing to visit your home and give you a free quote. Bad companies refuse to do so, or give you a quote invented on no good basis.
- Local offices. Good companies may have local storage facilities, or have deals with them. Bad companies don’t.
- Fair price demands. Good companies may require up to 15% up front. Bad companies may require full payment immediately.
- Pride with the Lorries. Good companies are proud of their logos and display them on their trucks. Bad companies drive ill-maintained vans without logos.
Steps to take
Here are some steps you can take to make sure you’re dealing with the right company:
- Do your background research. Ask around, and go online. Compare one company with another and see what they offer.
- Compare rates. Rates are often a negotiation process – go into detail and see how you can ensure the best service for the minimum of price.
- Get references. Ask your friends – and don’t be afraid to ask the company for references of previous jobs, or customer testimonials.
The removal service is going to be responsible for your personal – often expensive or valuable for personal reasons – items and you need to be sure that they are able to fulfill their duty as a reputable and trustworthy service. It’s worth the research, because a great move allows you to start a new life the right way.