Roofs do not last forever. Whilst some materials offer better longevity, all roofs will start to fail at some point or another. You need to contact a professional roofer if your roof is no longer providing you with sufficient cover.
What Is the Age of Your Roof?
You will find that regular shingle roofs will start to fail after about 25 years. Even if you do not notice any signs that your roof has deteriorated, it is still better to schedule a re-roofing project with a roofing company in Virginia Waters.
Signs that an asphalt shingle roof should be replaced include the following:
- The shingles are curling or buckling. Curling or buckling are sure signs that you need a new roof.
- The roof valleys are compromised. Valleys on a roof are used to direct water off the roof to the gutters. Therefore, any damage in these area indicate the need for a re-roofing job.
- Roof areas that are dark. When you see darkened areas on the roof, they often result from such pollutants as mould or algae, growths that can eat away at a roof’s protective granules.
- The gutters overflow when it rains. If your roof is not functioning properly, the gutters will overflow. Roof failure is also noted when homeowners see water pooling around the foundation.
- Granules from the roof are filling the gutters. Gutters will fill with granules when a roof is in poor condition.
- Leaks regularly occur during or after a rain. If you note leaking inside your home, it is time to have a new roof installed.
If you are experiencing any of the issues mentioned above, contact a roofing contractor today.