If the family is due to relocate anytime soon, there is much to arrange, with the packing of non-essential items being one of the first tasks, along with deciding what is to be thrown away. If you are about to experience a house move, here is a checklist to ensure the project goes off without a hitch.
- Organise a Relocation Contractor – Moving a typical family involves a large team that has suitable transport, and bearing in mind that all of your treasured possessions are to be under the care of a group of strangers, it makes sense to do a little research. Often, a friend or colleague has recently moved and they had a very good experience with their removal company, in which case, you should contact them for a quote.
- The Old Property – Of course, one can’t hand over a dirty or untidy property. So organise the necessary services to come in when the house is empty. If, for example, you were looking for carpet cleaning at Central Coast, an online search would point you in the right direction. Aside from having the carpets deep cleaned, call in a handyman to fix all the minor issues, such as leaking taps, broken guttering, or any other thing that needs to be repaired. Make sure the utilities are turned off and the companies have read all the meters, allowing you to clear all outstanding bills.
- The New Home – If the home has carpets, have them deep cleaned before you arrive. The inconvenience of moving all the furniture is reason enough to do this while the house in empty, and if you use a professional carpet cleaner, you can be sure the carpets will be spotless and ready for occupation. Whether you require carpet cleaning at Central Coast, or in the city of Perth, there are online contractors who will do the job in half a day.
- The Move Itself – If you have young children, this is the perfect time for a few day’s stay with the grandparents. You and your partner will be far too focused to take care of toddlers, and removing them from the house is the best solution. Older kids can help, of course, and there’s no shortage of things to do when you move home. If you have a good removal company, all your items will be expertly packed, all boxes clearly labelled, and your furniture adequately protected in transit. It is tempting to roll your sleeves up and help the removal team, but in actual fact, all you will do is slow the operation down, as they have their own system of working. Sitting in a corner sipping a cold beer is a much more attractive idea, and with the move taken care of, there’s nothing else to do.
- Keep Calm – Panic never helps, in any situation, and like most things in life, sometimes a move doesn’t unfold as you might expect, but with a professional team that has dealt with all types of moves, there’s nothing they can’t handle.
Moving can be stressful at the best of times, but if you follow the above advice, it is likely that the experience will be a positive one, and your new home will be everything you hoped, and a little more.